These little delectables were amazing and easy to put together. It would work as a quick recipe for a stay at home mom and even for someone who works from home. I prepped all the ingredients while my daughter napped. Taking less than 20 minutes to get it all whipped up.
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf
- Approximately 2lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Sauce
- Swiss Cheese
- Aluminum Foil
Please note that any of these ingredients can be substituted for just about anything. Normally when I make meatloaf I use my aunt’s recipe and use unsweetened applesauce instead of an egg and milk. Sounds weird, I know; trust me it’s great. I love cheese with anything, so I just absolutely had to add some to the tops of these mini loaves.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the Sweet Baby Rays, Ketchup, and cheese (although you can add shredded cheese here if you wanted.)
- Make about 6 mini loaves and place on Aluminum Foil lined baking pan spacing then out evenly.
- Wrap each loaf using one Slice of Bacon then use a Toothpick to secure the strip of bacon to the loaf.
- If you didn’t mix cheese into the beef mixture here is where you should add the cheese onto the tops of the loaves.
- Mix together about 1/2 Cup of Ketchup and 1/4 Cup of SBR BBQ Sauce and put a spoonful onto the tops of each Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf. You can add more or less or completely nix this step if you’d like.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
These ended up being so good that I ate 4, yes 4 (as I walk away shamelessly) and my husband ate the other 2. I just couldn’t stand to put them into the refrigerator as leftovers.
If you have any baking or cooking ideas you would like me to test out on my husband feel free to drop a line in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com. I adore trying out new things and would love to add some new recipes to my memory.
Thanks for reading and I hope you all join me next time!